Sustainable Talent Privacy and Security Policy
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to information we collect or use on sites and/or applications owned, controlled or licensed by Sustainable Talent Enterprises, Inc. or its affiliated companies (“Sustainable Talent Applications”).
Sustainable Talent is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites that may link to the Sustainable Talent Applications. You may wish to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you register and use our sites and service applications. We may collect personal information directly from you such as your contact information, resume, profile, computer IP address, and other information. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way. Depending on the services you use, we may also collect credit card number and billing information.
We may collect information about you from publicly-available websites which we may use or append to your profile. Of course, you always retain the ability to remove the information.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide Sustainable Talent Applications, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive and efficient user experience.
By registering with Sustainable Talent, by managing your profile or by publicly posting information, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts and/or references;
- to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to customize the content and layout of the Sustainable Talent Applications;
- to allow you to invite others to join or create an account;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Sustainable Talent or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys and publish the results thereof;
- to help Sustainable Talent clients(“Clients”) and/or participating companies locate your profile and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in engagements to Clients and/or participating companies;
- to display targeted messages from Clients and/or participating companies based on the content of your resume or profile;
- to provide products and services to Clients and/or participating companies to facilitate sourcing of qualified candidates and/or independent contractors;
- to provide products and services that enhance user functionality, including viewing and comparing profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and service applications;
- to provide Clients and/or participating companies with reports about the characteristics and trends of the job market;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you; or
How We Share Information
We provide you with web-based service applications to share information about yourself to maximize your opportunities. The information we gather may be shared within Sustainable Talent and its affiliates on a worldwide basis. We do not share your information with third parties except as provided below:
- We share information with Clients and/or participating companies for the specific purpose of communicating and showcasing your skills, experience, and competencies to facilitate opportunities to engage with Clients and/or participating companies. However, your contact information (i.e., telephone number, email address, residence or business address) is shared with Clients and/or participating companies only after we have made an introduction on your behalf and you consent to sharing such contact information;
- We share your information with our third party providers as necessary to deliver the Sustainable Talent Applications to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, including resume database storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third-party providers will have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing their functions and they may not use that data for any other purpose.
- We may disclose information to third parties if you opt in to receive information about the products or services of such parties. If you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial emails or other communications from third parties but no longer wish to receive promotional communications, you may opt out in these emails.
- We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
- We shall disclose information if such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of the business assets of Sustainable Talent, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
Your Resume and Profile
When you create or post a resume, we store it in our resume and profile database in the United States. Your resume and profile can be viewed by anyone with access to our resume and profile database. We may also provide your profile and/or resume to Clients or participating companies. Of course, you can restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want to be visible by others, including removal of your profile and/or resume from our database at any time.
We attempt to limit access to our resume and profile database to legitimate users, but we cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access. Nor can we control the use made of resumes by authorized third parties who access the database.
We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to your profile based upon our due diligence and vetting activities on behalf of Clients. We will advise you of such updates at the time made.
How We Store Information
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make ongoing use of our service applications more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your resume or profile at any time. To set up an account, sign in to your account, go to your resume or profile, and make the desired changes. If you require additional support, please contact the Data Security Coordinator contact us
If you wish to delete your account registration information altogether please contact the Data Security Coordinator contact us We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for a confidential archival copy which is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes). We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on our sites and service applications.
If you do not sign in to your account or interact with our application and services, including continuing to receive emails from us, for a significant period of time, your account will expire and be scheduled for removal from our sites. Expired accounts are deleted on a periodic basis. If your account contains a profile and/or resume, you will receive an email notification from us before we delete your account in this manner.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
Sustainable Talent takes reasonable measures, including the deployment of robust industry standard technologies, to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
Sustainable Talent has licensed the industry-standard Security Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, for example, that permits encryption of personal information. Utilization of encryption technologies typically renders such information unusable in the event of unauthorized third-party interception.
Sustainable Talent has and will maintain appropriate security measures in place at Sustainable Talent server facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information. Sustainable Talent stores such data in a secure environment and personnel authorized to access such information have been advised of the requirements of confidentiality and restricted use.
However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Sustainable Talent is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Your data is submitted to Sustainable Talent Enterprises, Inc. and is hosted and stored on database servers located in the United States. Sustainable Talent Enterprises, Inc., a Nevada corporation doing business as Sustainable Talent Interim Executive Solutions maintains a principal place of business at 100 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 900, Irvine, CA 92618 USA.
Note to California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Sustainable Talent Applications who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact the Data Security Coordinator at contact us.
Sustainable Talent uses “cookies” to help personalize and optimize your online experience and time online, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and tracking user trends. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our site work and enable us to personalize your experience in line with your settings. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses.
- Authentication and Security: These cookies allow us to support and enable security features that have been deployed to secure access to your account and to recognize you when you are logged in.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their setting preferences. Limiting the ability of websites to set cookies, however, may deteriorate the overall user experience or deactivate features that you wished to utilize.
Update effective May 8th, 2020.